The recipe for Perfect Manhattan is surely known to all, a combination of Dry and Sweet Manhattan that is perfect for those of us who have a palate that is neither too dry nor too sweet.
The game is to turn this traditional cherry into a veil of gelatin, which allows us to have the taste of this classic “ornament” of the classic cocktail, but also an aesthetic variant, with all the usual flavor but with a different way of enjoying it …
For the SS1 :
250 ml. mineral water
250 g white sugar
1. In a saucepan or pot, measure and serve the ingredients. Turn on the heat and with the help of a whisk dissolve until a homogeneous syrup is formed. Once dissolved, remove from the heat and lower the temperature.
2. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
For the Vanilla SS1 :
500 ml. SS1
40 gr. vanilla paste Marivani
1. In an airtight container measure and serve all the ingredients. With the help of a whisk, mix the ingredients until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
1. In an airtight container measure and serve all the ingredients. Dissolve the Töufood Agär in the vermouth with a stirring rod.
Transfer the already mixed product to a saucepan and put on the fire. Keep stirring with a stirring rod until it reaches boiling temperature to activate. Place a tray measuring 2/3 of a flat base on a tray and apply the tare button. Pour 150 gr. of the mixture into the pan. Remove from the scale and allow to gel for 2 hours.
2. Finally, with the help of a ruler and a sharp knife, cut a 5 x 5 cm. veil and set aside on baking paper in an airtight container until the cocktail is finally assembled.
1 service :
60 ml. Whiskey Rye
25 ml. Martini Ambratto
1 dash Orange Bitter
1 dash Bitter Angostura
1. Measure and pour all the ingredients into a chilled mixing glass. Stir until the mixture cools.
Filter the result in a cocktail glass where the vermouth jelly veil has been previously placed on the inner side.
3. Apply an orange peel that is discarded without entering the cup.