COOLVACUM FREEZE DRYER LYOCOOK
- Refrigeration compressor housed in a tabletop base unit consisting of a lacquered, oven-dried steel cabinet.
- External double-stage vacuum pump: equipped with gas ballast to remove water vapor and condensable vapors contained in the oil.
- Condenser manufactured in stainless steel AISI-316L of maximum resistance and durability.
- Coaxial coil. A front door made of transparent acrylic material allows visualization of the freeze-drying process.
- Microprocessor control system: with digital display giving a continuous reading of the condenser and vacuum temperature. Graphics exportable to USB. Automatic defrosting cycle.
Freeze-drying in the food industry
Freeze-drying is performed under high vacuum and at temperatures below freezing point.
Lyophilization is a sublimation process where water is converted from a solid to a vapor state without passing through the liquid state.
The vacuum condition ensures sublimation and therefore the process is also referred to as vacuum freeze drying.
The final product retains most of its original characteristics, such as structure, size, flavor, color and most importantly, the active nutrients.