Inulin makes it possible to do incredible things, such as transforming a liquid into a fake bourbon butter.
Undoubtedly a complement that allows us to transport the Bourbon in a very different way to which we are accustomed to take.
The cocktail is based on a traditional Old Fashioned base to which a maceration of Waffle has been added in the form of fat wash, that is to say, we obtain flavor, creaminess but no solid residue of the classic sweet.
At the same time, to complete the experience, on the side, we applied a piece of Waffle with Bourbon inulin, as if it were a traditional butter …
For the SS1 :
250 ml. mineral water
250 g white sugar
1. In a saucepan or pot, measure and serve the ingredients. Turn on the heat and with the help of a whisk dissolve until a homogeneous syrup is formed. Once dissolved, remove from the heat and lower the temperature.
2. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
1. In an airtight container arrange all the liquid ingredients of the recipe all at room temperature.
2. Using a precision scale, weigh the Töufood Inulïn and Töufood Inulïn Waxy and then pour it into the airtight container containing the bourbon whiskey.
3. With the help of an electric hand mixer, work the mixture until it becomes a compact semi-solid paste.
4. With the help of a fine sieve, sift the result so that it is homogeneous and without lumps. Once this process is finished, place the result in a mold and let it cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
For the SS1 V&A :
100 g. commercial maple syrup
50 gr. SS1
3 g. vanilla essence
1. In an airtight container or bowl, measure and serve the ingredients of the recipe. Mix with the help of a whisk until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
2. Bottling for service.
Waffle Bourbon :
125 gr. Waffles
500 ml. Whiskey Bourbon
1. In a bowl, measure and serve the ingredients.
With the help of an electric hand mixer, beat the ingredients.
2. Allow to infuse for 24 hours. After the time has elapsed, strain the mixture with the help of a V60.
3. Place in an airtight container and reserve in the freezer for 24 hours. Once this time has elapsed, remove the solidified oil fractions with the help of a spoon. Filter again with the aid of
of the V60 to remove possible impurities.
4. Finally, bottle the resulting product for service.
1 service :
60 ml. Waffle Bourbon
2 dash Bitter choco azteca
15 ml. SS1 V&A
1. In a mixing glass, add the Maple-Vanilla Syrup and the Aztec bitters. With the help of the barspoon dissolve to integrate the two products. Add ice cubes and 25 ml. of bourbon waffle, dissolve with the spoon, then add 2 more ice cubes together with 25 ml. more and continue dissolving. Finally
add 1 ice and 10 ml. of the bourbon waffle but this time stir only 5 seconds to integrate.
2. Immediately pour the contents of the mixing glass into a glass with rock ice, using a spoon as a decoration
with the fake bourbon butter and orange zest.