Inülin Waxy – INULIN POWDER
Inülin Waxy – INULIN POWDER It is a high-performance fat-replacing inulin.
It is a carbohydrate that, like basic inulin, is usually extracted from chicory.
However, since it is a high-yield inulin, the small molecules have been eliminated and, therefore, the slight sweetness that characterizes basic inulin.
It allows the production of viscous products with a manipulable waxy texture, both hot and cold.
It is also a great source of fiber with positive effects on cholesterol levels, with 0% fat, and can be used as a thickener for vegetarian and vegan diets.
It is a gluten-free product and therefore suitable for coeliacs.
Characteristics and applications:
- It is presented as a finely ground powder.
- It is mixed cold with strong agitation. It is necessary to grind the product with the inulin for 3 minutes. Heating is not necessary.
- Strain the product to remove possible solidifications. The product thickens immediately at room temperature. If thicker is desired, let stand for 2 to 4 hours.
- Applications to obtain wax-like preparations with unctuous textures, such as those obtained with fatty products.
- Applications in ice cream, to obtain smoothness by lowering the proportion of fat and as a product to retain water.
- It is also used as a binding agent in cakes and cookies.
- Dosage to obtain not very viscous products: 50-100 g/l.
- Dosage to obtain wax type products: 250- 500 gr./l.
- Available in 500 gr. and 110 gr. packs.