Caröbin – LOCUST BEAN GUM POWDER
Locust bean gum powder used as a thickener in sauces or as a stabiliser and emulsifier in ice cream..</p
Caröbin or locust bean gum is a fiber-like carbohydrate obtained from carob seeds.
Polysaccharide and hydrocolloid classified as galactomannan vegetable gum.
The viscosity of Caröbin remains unchanged in contact with acids or salt.
It is dispersible in both hot and cold liquids.
When used in conjunction with Xanthän it produces very elastic gels.
It is a gluten-free product and therefore suitable for coeliacs.
Characteristics and applications:
- It is mixed cold with strong stirring, brought to a boil and allowed to cool.
- Its thickening properties make it ideal for making products such as sauces or bechamel sauce.
- It gels in the presence of Xanthän or Xanthän Instant, producing a very elastic gel.
- Usual doses: 5-10 g/L for thickening and 2.5-5 g/L of Caröbin + 2.5-5 g/L of Xanthän for gelling.
- Available in 500 g and 100 g packs.