Glücocal – CALCIUM GLUCONATE AND CALCIUM LACTATE POWDER
Its basic function is to provide calcium to produce the gelling effect of Algïnate.
It is a mixture of 80% gluconate and 20% calcium lactate, to obtain good solubility and calcium conditions.
The gel produced in this calcium medium is thermostable and therefore does not become liquid with increasing temperature.
It has practically no flavor notes.
Gluconate has less flavor notes than calcium lactate and, for this reason, is in higher proportion.
It is a gluten-free product and therefore suitable for coeliacs.
Characteristics and applications:
- It gels in the presence of Algïnate.
- Especially useful for spherification, producing a thermostable gel.
- It is mixed cold with strong agitation and allowed to settle.
- Usual doses for basic spherification: 5-10 g. Algïnate/L. of food. Glücocal bath 20 gr./l. of water.
- Usual doses for reverse spherification: 20 g Glücocal/L. of food. Bath of Algïnate 4-6 gr./l. of water.
- Available in 600 gr. and 130 gr. packages.