An elegant drink in which peanuts and Kalamansi take centre stage. Refreshing, silky and very easy to drink. A cocktail from COLLAGE COCKTAIL BAR that always makes you want to order another one.
For the peanut orgeat
500 gr. Peanut
800 gr. Mineral water
700 gr. Sugar
100 ml. Vodka
30 ml. Orange blossom water
1. Soak the peanuts in water for 30 minutes.
2. After this time, discard the water and roast the peanuts in a frying pan.
3. Crush the peanuts with the 800 ml. of mineral water.
4. Leave the peanut paste to rest for 2-3 hours.
5. Strain through superbag.
6. Repeat this process three times, leaving 2-3 hours between each one, to better extract all the fats and obtain a denser texture.
7. Add the sugar to the resulting liquid.
8. Leave to stand for 12 hours in the fridge.
9. Add the orange blossom water and vodka.
10. Keep refrigerated.
For the clarified Monkey
175 ml. Appleton Estate Rum
175 ml. Chairman’s Spiced Rum
100 ml. Plantation Original Dark
50 ml. Trois Rivières Cuveé Ocean
200 ml. dry curaçao Pierre Ferrand
100 ml. liquor Mandarine Napoleon
250 ml. of lime
250 ml. grapefruit
200 ml. peanut orgeat (previous preparation)
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and stir with a whisk.
2. Leave to stand for 4 hours outside the fridge.
3. Keep in the fridge for 12 hours.
4. Filter through a coffee filter.
5. Bottle and store cold.
For the kalamansi air
1. Mix all ingredients together.
120 ml. Monkey clarified
1. Serve the clarified monkey in a mixing glass with ice cubes and chill.
2. Turn on the aerator to prepare the air.
3. Strain into an old-fashioned glass with two ice cubes.
4. Serve the air on top of the cocktail covering the entire surface.