Agär Bio – BIO AGAR POWDER
Bio agar powder allows the production of hot gelled products, obtaining an optimal result even with very small quantities.
It is a fiber-like carbohydrate extracted from organic red seaweeds, such as Gelidium and Gracilaria.
It is extremely efficient. A 400 g package is enough to make approximately 500 portions of meat or 100 g vegetables.
In addition, it is a great source of fiber with positive effects on cholesterol levels, with 0% fat, and can be used as a gelling agent in vegetarian and vegan diets.
It is a gluten-free product and therefore suitable for coeliacs.
Characteristics and applications:
- It is presented as a finely ground powder.
- It is mixed cold and brought to a boil.
- Gelation is fast, and once gelled, it can withstand temperatures up to 80ºC (hot gelled product).
- In acidic and alcoholic media it loses part of its gelling capacity and therefore dosage must be increased to obtain adequate textures.
- Dosage to obtain soft gelled products: 2-5 g/l.
- Dosage to obtain hard gelled products: 5-10 g/l.
- Available in 400 gr. and 100 gr. packages.