GËLLAN – POWDERED GELLAN GUM
Gellan gum powder is ideal for the production of solid, elastic and clean-cut gels. It is also suitable for meat and vegetable preparations with the “Cook-and-Chill” method.
It is a fiber-like carbohydrate obtained from bacterial fermentation with Sphingomonas elodea.
Ideal for the preparation of hot gels, due to its high temperature resistance (up to 90°C).
It is extremely efficient. A 350 gr. container is sufficient to produce approx. 1,500- 1,750 portions of meat or vegetables of 100 gr.
Characteristics and applications:
- It is presented as a finely ground powder.
- It is mixed cold with strong agitation and brought to boiling point.
- Gelation is fast, and once gelled, it can withstand temperatures up to 90ºC (hot gelled product). It loses part of its gelling power in very saline solutions.
- It develops a stronger effect when applied to calcium-containing products such as yogurts or other dairy products.
- Dosage to obtain gelled products: 6-10 g/l.
- Available in 350 gr. and 85 gr. packages.