Dextröse – DEXTROSE POWDER
DEXTROSE POWDER Carbohydrates obtained from starch, usually from maize.
Naturally occurring in fruit, honey, etc.
Its sweetening power is about 0.5-0.8 times that of sugar (sucrose).
It is used in confectionery, beverages, chewing gum, jams and pastries to prevent crystallization in sweet preparations.
Characteristics and applications:
- Mix directly with the ingredients.
- Its property is used as a bacterial activator in beer brewing, in sausages, making the bacteria act more effectively.
- It is also used to prevent the formation of ice crystals in ice cream and as a preservative to extend the shelf life of many products.
- Usual dose: depending on the preparation.
- Available in 600 gr. and 130 gr. packages.