Isomält – ISOMALT POWDER
Isomalt powder is used in catering due to its high stability in humid environments, a common problem in sweet preparations.
Polyol obtained from sucrose and has a sweetening power 0.5 times that of common sugar or sucrose.
It is stable at high temperatures (150 ºC).
This property makes it suitable for sweet products, without the appearance of the typical color of burnt candies.
Characteristics and applications:
- It applies to candies, sugar-free chocolates, chewing gum, jams, jellies and diabetic products in general.
- It is the most widely used polyol in catering, especially in confectionery, since the mid-1990s, replacing sugar.
- Once melted, it does not caramelize and is easy to model, allowing all kinds of figures.
- Usual dose: depending on the preparation.
- Available in 700 g and 175 g packs.