MËTICEL – POWDERED METYLCELLULOSE
Unlike other gelling agents, Mëticel gels with increasing temperature.
When the product cools, it loses its gelation and becomes a liquid.
This allows for fine purees and mincing, so that they melt in the mouth.
It can be applied to masses of products for frying, e.g. croquettes to retain water and thus prevent them from breaking during frying.
It is a fiber type carbohydrate whose origin is vegetable cellulose.
It is very efficient. A 250 gr. package is enough for about 1000 portions of 100 gr. of different products.
Characteristics and applications:
- It is presented as a finely ground powder.
- Mix cold or warm, stirring vigorously, and let stand in the refrigerator until 4ºC for hydration. Then apply temperature.
- It is a gelling agent that acts completely backwards, it gels when the temperature increases. It begins to gel at 55ºC and above.
- Dosage to obtain very soft gelled products: 2-5 g/l.
- Dosage to obtain consistent gelled products: 5-15 g/l.
- Available in 250 gr. and 45 gr. packages.