An old-fashioned gastronomic COLLAGE COCKTAIL BAR with tequila. A sea and mountain flavoured with sweet potato, seaweed, mushrooms... and no added sugar. A cocktail to drink in small sips and enjoy unusual flavours in a cocktail.
For the sweet potato reduction
1. Place the peeled sweet potato in the OCOO at 75°C for 5 days.
2. Remove the sweet potato from the machine and leave to cool to 60 ºC.
3. Mash the sweet potato, add the enzymes, and vacuum pack it.
4. Cook sous-vide for 4 hours at 52 ºC.
5. Strain through superbag and reduce over low heat to two-thirds of its weight.
6. Chill, bottle and keep chilled.
For the nori seaweed tincture
200 ml. Rum agricole Trois Rivières CO
40 gr. Nori seaweed
1. Vacuum pack the rum and seaweed, and cook in sous-vide for 1 hour at 52 ºC.
2. Strain through superbag.
3. Bottle and keep chilled.
For the cocoa and mushroom fat wash
1000 gr. Tequila Patrón Reposado
50 gr. Mushrooms
100 gr. Cocoa butter
1. Melt the butter, add the mushrooms and cook until golden brown.
2. Remove the mushrooms.
3. Leave the butter to cool and mix with the tequila.
4. Place the mixture in a vacuum bag and cook sous-vide at 52°C for 1 hour.
5. Keep in the fridge for 4 hours.
6. Filter through a coffee filter, bottle and reserve.
For the dehydrated sweet potato
1. Prepare a syrup with the water and sugar and add the Glucöse Syrup.
2. Remove from the heat and add the soybeans.
3. Peel the sweet potato and remove strips lengthwise.
4. Spread the strips on a Silpat and paint with the caramel.
5. Dehydrate for 12 hours at 55ºC.
6. Store in an airtight container with two Silicägel units.
30 ml. Sweet potato reduction
3 drops Nori tincture
2 drops Smoked soybean
60 ml. Patrón Reposado mushroom
2 dash Bitter Angostura
1 dash Bitter Cocoa
1. Measure and serve all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice cubes. Stir until the mixture cools.
2. Filter the result into a double old-fashioned opaque glass previously cooled with 5x5x7 old-fashioned ice.
3. Garnish with the seaweed and the dried sweet potato snack.