Polynesian COLLAGE COCKTAIL BAR version of a Dark & Stormy. With a banana soda to give it a more tropical dimension and the accompanying ginger and galangal to give it the necessary electric kick.
For the galangal and ginger syrup
90 gr. Ginger
30 gr. Galangal
150 gr. Water
100 gr. Sugar
1. Peel the ginger and galangal and mash with the water.
2. Go through superbag.
3. Mix with the sugar.
4. Bottle and keep chilled.
For the lacto-fermented celery
1. Put all the ingredients in a vacuum bag and seal it.
2. Leave at room temperature for 5 days.
3. Filter by superbag.
4. Bottle the resulting juice and store cold.
For the banana soda
1. Mash the banana with the Ascorbïc and vacuum pack.
2. Cook in sous-vide for 20 minutes at 65 ºC.
3. Cool rapidly in an ice-water bath.
4. Add the enzymes to the banana and vacuum pack again.
5. Cook sous vide at 52 ºC for two hours.
6. Leave to cool and store in the freezer for 24 hours.
7. Remove from the freezer and leave to percolate in the fridge on a cheesecloth.
8. Introduce 700 ml. of the resulting liquid into a litre soda siphon and gasify with a CO2 charge. Shake well. Keep refrigerated for at least one hour before use.
For the Black Stormy mix
100 ml. Scotch whisky Dewar’s 12
50 ml. liquor pimento dram
30 ml. Scotch whisky Ardbeg
1. Put all the ingredients in a jug.
2. Stir with a whisk to mix well.
3. Bottle and reserve until use.
For the banana ray
1. Grind and mix all the ingredients.
2. Spread the paste over a lightning template on a Teflon mat.
3. Dehydrate at 55 °C for 12 hours.
4. Place in an airtight container with two Töufood Silicägel tablets.
40 ml. Scotch Whisky Dewar’s 12
15 ml. Galangal ginger syrup
15 ml. Supasawa
2,5 ml. Lacto-fermented celery
50 ml. Banana soda
2 drops of Absinthe
3 drops of lemon bitter
15 ml Black Stormy mix
1. Pour in the Dewar’s 12, galangal and ginger syrup, lacto-fermented celery, absinthe, lemon bitters and stir with a bar spoon.
2. Place a long Highball ice (4x4X12) very carefully.
3. Pour in the soda and stir gently.
4. Serve a float of Black Stormy on top of the cocktail.
5. Decorate with the banana ray.