Güar – GUAR GUM POWDER
Guar gum powder is especially recommended for cold thickening of sauces with a fresh taste.
It is the alternative to Xanthän for cold thickening.
Fiber-like carbohydrate of the galactomannan group, used in powder form as a thickener and stabilizer. Its properties make it a hydrocolloid.
It comes from the seeds of a leguminous plant (Cyamopsis tetragonolobus), similar to the pea and native to India and Pakistan.
Characteristics and applications:
- Güar thickener is soluble in cold water and provides high viscosity.
- It is applied to products that have to be subjected to high temperatures and, in general, as a complement to other thickening ingredients.
- In gastronomy it is used to make fresh cheeses, ice cream, croquettes, sauces, bakery products, jams, jellies, marmalades, etc.
- Usual doses: 5 g/kg of liquid.
- Available in 750 gr. and 150 gr. packages.